hummer/jeep wheels

Moderator: Toys&Joys

hummer/jeep wheels

Postby menace » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:42 am

Hi all
does anyone know if there is a supplier of the wheels suitable for the hummer or the jeep.
I know of the plan to make your own from T&Js but would prefer a ready made one.
nowhere in the UK can I find a supplier.
thanks for any help.
menace

Re: hummer/jeep wheels

Postby siul8r » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:55 pm

Menace:
I made mine. Not that difficult, after a few tries :D
Thom
siul8r

Postby Alexkara » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:54 pm

I believe there is nothing out there that comes even close to the requirements of the hummer wheels... or any of the treaded construction wheels.
There are two ways of doing things,,, My way or the right way.
Alexkara

Postby Jeff28164 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:21 pm

I smell a business opportunity. However, the wheels may seem daunting at first but once you get into them they're not. Part of the attraction and fun for me with these models is looking at the next part and saying to myself: Oh man, how am I going to make that, safely, with the tools I have? Then after figuring it out and moving on to the next seemingly impossible piece I can look back with a sense of pride and accomplishment. And after everything's done everyone compliments me on my craftmanship.
Jeff28164

Postby Alexkara » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:03 am

Menace, I neglected to mention that there are several really good contributors on LumberJocks that turns making wheels into an art form and explain in enough detail to stop your hair from falling out. Do a search on Dutchy and hlt. The latter has an index of his hints which makes subsequent searching a helluva lot easier.
PS. There are others, but that's a good start to get a good serving of information overload.
There are two ways of doing things,,, My way or the right way.
Alexkara

Return to General Comments, Questions & Discussion