GALLERY COMMENTS ONLY THANKS GUYS

Moderator: Toys&Joys

Re: GALLERY COMMENTS ONLY THANKS GUYS

Postby jamest » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Hey Guys. Well I was talking to a construction worker I know. I was telling him about the excavator I was going to make. I told him I wasn't up for the tracks just yet. he said make one with wheels instead??????????. he told me his company has one for working in town so the tracks don't tear up the roads. Who knew. So I looked on the net and sure enough I found some pictures of one. As you will see I added a few things but had to leave off a few little parts. ( to much stiffness in the fingers and eye sight is getting to bad for some of the smallest parts. There should be two pictures on photobucket (good luck with that) Enjoy http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l150/ ... rqpmff.jpg[/img][/url]
James
jamest

Postby minnie5843 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:28 pm

Just today as I passed the Cat dealer on the freeway, there was a excavator on what looked like hard rubber wheels, they looked about three feet in diameter and about three feed wide, I'll stop by there Mon or Tues and get some pics and send them to you if you like. It had a real long reach on the booms and with the wheels it looked real weird, of course that probably appealed to me, Mike
minnie5843

Postby 317over60 » Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:42 am

James,
That is really good. Like all your models.

Bruce
Bruce, Indiana [ Sawdust is just " Man Glitter " ]
317over60

Postby GR8HUNTER » Sun Jun 19, 2016 7:39 am

Great job James , sorry to hear of eyes and your fingers ..sucks to be getting older .... you should post on LJs...... come on over :lol: :lol:

very nice looking excavator ...... who knew :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: hope LBD don't see them :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember to always have FUN
Reinholds Pa.
Tony
GR8HUNTER

Postby htl » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:52 pm

Hey Gr8hunter way cool bob cat looking out fit.
That turned out really nice.
And as you said a small fun project.
I like those that you get er done before the nerves give out. lol
I just ordered the low boy, like the caboose liked the looks of that plan from the first time I saw it.
I really built the Mack truck for the low boy, I want to get my excavator on there.
It's getting hotter than fire around here so may slow this wood butcher down a bit. :oops:
htl

Postby GR8HUNTER » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:00 pm

not to bad in my shop yet it is under trees and barely sees any sun so that helps tremendous ......... and if he gets to hot I still have my ac to put in :lol: :lol: :lol:
yes it is very nice to do quick projects
Reinholds Pa.
Tony
GR8HUNTER

Postby GR8HUNTER » Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:11 am

Well James, I Hope you and your wife had loads of fun on your trip .........I would love to go someday ......... very cool Dune Buggy 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) ........ did you have plans or just from your head :?
Reinholds Pa.
Tony
GR8HUNTER

Postby jamest » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Hey Guys. It was a great trip, The state is so big I think you could go back many times and not see it all. As for the dune buggy I just found a picture on the net and copied it the best I could. I'm working on the halftrack now. It seems to be going all right. I took the plan down to our local silk printer, He has a laser engraver. He's going to cut the kerf lines in the cab for me. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'll let you know. James
James
jamest

Postby siul8r » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:07 pm

James

I'm working on the 1/2 track. The weather is too hot to work in the garage in the pm so little progress. The tracks done, Working on the tires now.
Thom
siul8r

Postby htl » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:11 pm

jamest wrote:Hey Guys. It was a great trip, The state is so big I think you could go back many times and not see it all. As for the dune buggy I just found a picture on the net and copied it the best I could. I'm working on the halftrack now. It seems to be going all right. I took the plan down to our local silk printer, He has a laser engraver. He's going to cut the kerf lines in the cab for me. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I'll let you know. James

That sounds like a great way to get er done!!! :o
htl

PreviousNext

Return to General Comments, Questions & Discussion